1.23.2009

Twitter

So I found a new hobby - Twitter! Twitter is a social network and micro-blog that allows users to send and read updates (otherwise known as tweets), which are text posts of up to 140 characters.




So while I've been getting acquainted with twitter and a few people I know on there, I found out that you can make your own custom background for your page. And so I decided to get somewhat creative and have fun.

I wanted to do something a little classy, so I took one of my engagement pictures (I flipped it in the final background).




I stretched the background to cover the entire screen, erased the lighter part around me, added a paper texture included in photoshop and sunrays from a brush I have (both the texture and the rays were set to 'overlay' to let the background color show through the texture and brush). I used some cjust font to add my info, and put the logo I made for my (hopefully) future webdesign site, tweaked a little to match better.

All of that, and I ended up with a background I was pretty happy with.


(click on the picture to see the actual site)

I haven't done much with photoshop for awhile, so it was good to get my fill again. I'm loving twitter and encourage everyone to take a look at it. It might not make sense when you first hear about it, but once you get the hang, it's a lot of fun.


1 comment:

Tami said...

Twitter sounds intriguing...what I'm really thinking while reading about it is, Oh no! One more hobby!! Can't wait to check it out. You did a great job (as always) on your background.
We have thought so much about you while here in Thailand. We keep saying things like, "Well, Ryan would know where to go." or "Ryan would know what that was." or "Ryan would know what they are saying!" Are your ears burning?!

xoxo