2.17.2009

Improving Some Pics

I cannot overstate the awesomeness of the 'open in Camera Raw' option in Photoshop (I believe that you have to download an add-on to Photoshop in order to use it). When you 'open as', and choose camera raw, you have a plethora of tools available to play with in a simple format before you go to the usual editing screen.





You can much more easily adjust the overall colors, the lighting, the contrast and clarity ... and you don't have to do it one at a time! (the big menu on the right)





While there are some other things I did to touch up these photos, that was definitely the start. I love photoshop!



All of this color from the sky is actually from the photo, I just had to bring it out.







It's amazing how darkening the background/edges makes the photo stand out even that much more.


And my favorite:




It's just like light boxes were added to the shot. I've recommended it before, but Scott Kelby's 7-point System is great (and the book is available on Safari Tech Books, which you can get for free if you are a byu student)!

I love adding color, taking away shadows, and given picture the pop that they need to go from the oh-just-another-picture to wow-that's-a-great-looking-pic. I've still got lots to learn and loads of practice to do, but I feel like it's coming along.

No comments: